The Brand New Samsung AdHub
Samsung AdHub, the digital advertising service from Samsung Electronics, unveils its enhanced services to our publishers and advertisers. In addition to the original mobile app and mobile web advertising solutions for bada and Android developers, the new revision of AdHub will be offering improved service quality.
Samsung AdHub is excited to announce that we have partnered with both direct advertisers, and leading global ad networks in the industry to serve ads. Developers can maximize their fill rates and revenue by accessing our large advertiser pool aggregated from both our partner ad networks and direct initiatives.
Furthermore, with the introduction of Smart Targeting, Samsung AdHub will be providing more optimized and enjoyable advertising experienceby displaying ads more relevant to the end-user.
Finally, Samsung AdHub’s RTB (Real-time Bidding) technology enables developers to maximize the value of each and every impression passed through our system by comparing bids, this ensuresthat the developer attains the best price for their inventory.
We offer a host of new and improved services, that will allow you to optimize your ad revenue.
Developers can easily implement our services by going to the (http://samsungadhub.com) bada Developer Site and configuring your inventory settings, by doing the following:
1. Go to developer.bada.com > My applications > Component setup and select the application from the table listing all your applications. If your application has multiple versions, select the correct version and click OK.
2. Under Setup Components > Advertisement, click Detail.
3. Under Publisher Management, you will see Inventory Management, Reports and User Information. Each menu leads to a corresponding section of the Samsung AdHub Site.
If it is your first time using Samsung AdHub, you will have to read and accept the Terms and Conditions and provide additional information about yourself. After this you will be granted access to our service.
4. Click Inventory Management. Clicking on Inventory Managementopens a menu where you can manage your inventory. Detailed instructions to create and edit your inventory can be found in Samsung AdHub Publisher Guideline.
Monitoring Ad performance
You can monitor and analyze your application's ad performance through our simplified and consolidated reporting service.
1. Under Publisher Management, click Reports.
2. The Samsung AdHub Site > Market Place > Reports window opens. The 'Reports' menu displays theperformance of your registered apps, and provides a number of different performance reports from App/Site Report, Geographic Stats, Customized Report and even House Ad Campaign Report if you have registered house ad campaigns under your inventory.
1. Under Publisher Management, click User Information.
The Samsung AdHub site > Market Place > User Information window opens.
2. You can view or edit your user information in User Information.
3. Click Samsung AdHub site > Market Place > Account > Account Information to manage and edit your company and payment details.Your company and payment details must be verified by the Samsung AdHub Administrator for your application inventory to be activated.
If you wish to find out more about setting-up your ad inventory, viewing reports and managing your account, refer to the Ad Component Set-up bada documentation which can be found at http://developer.bada.com/help/topic/com.osp.documentation.help/html/dev_env/ad_setup.htm.
The bada ad SDK for Samsung AdHub is fully integrated into the bada 2.0 SDK, so you can monetize your applications with advertisements without any additional libraries.
You can publish advertisements in your applications using the Osp::Ads::Control
namespace and the Osp::Ads::Controls::Ad
The key features of the Ads::Controls namespace include the following :
Note The Ads::Controls namespace was released in the API version 2.0. To use the namespace in the API version 1.1 or 1.2:
The following ad types are supported :
This type of ad displays an image on the Ad control. An action icon is also displayed on the right corner, if the ad image is not big enough to fill the Ad control space. The background color can be changed by calling the SetBackgroundColor() method.
This type of ad displays text on the Ad control. The maximum length of the text is 30 characters. The text color can be changed by calling the SetTextColor() method.
The following figure illustrates the ad types: image banner on the left and text banner on the right.
Figure: Ads types
The size and position (http://developer.bada.com/help/topic/com.osp.cppappprogramming.help/html/dev_guide/ui/control_size.htm) of the Ad control on the screen can be set using the Osp::Graphics::Rectangle (http://developer.bada.com/help/topic/com.osp.cppapireference.help/classOsp_1_1Graphics_1_1Rectangle.html) instance in the input parameters of the Construct() method.
The following table lists the actions that can be triggered when the user clicks the Ad control.
Launches the default Web browser, which loads the Web page set by the advertiser.
Launches the default dialer, which automatically dials the number set by the advertiser.
Launches Samsung Apps, which loads the product information page set by the advertiser.
The application may terminate when the Ad control launches the Samsung Apps.
Table: Ads control actions
To learn more about our services please visit us at http://www.samsungadhub.com. Here, you can read about all our service features and benefits, and find the necessary tools and guidelines to join our service.