- 1. Installing the bada SDK
- If you have installed the SDK before and are now upgrading to a new version, first uninstall the previous version
The installer downloads the needed language packs during the installation, and the download can fail due to firewall issues or unstable network connections.
In that case, download the SDK full package, unzip it, and run the unzipped bada_SDK_<version>.exe file.
The full package includes the supported language packs, so no downloads are required during the actual installation.
- 1. Download the SDK installer, bada_SDK_<version>.exe.
- 2. Run the SDK installer. The SDK installation wizard starts.
- 3. Select the required language packs and click Next.
- 4. Click Install. The SDK is now installed and configured on your computer.
If you need to add more language packs to your SDK later on, do not reinstall the SDK with the SDK installer, since it can cause problems for your development environment.
Instead, download the language pack installers (bada_SDK_<version>_<model>_LP#.exe files) from the bada developer site and run them.
- 2. Starting the bada IDE
- When you start the IDE for the first time, a welcome page is displayed with more information on bada and on developing with the IDE.
- 3. Generating a New Application Profile
- Before actually starting to develop your mobile application, you need to make some initial preparations and define some basic information for your application.
Go to Application Manager to register your application and define its basic information.
Notice to Developers : If you have started developing your application with the default manifest.xml generated by the IDE, you must re-create the
application project. Before you start application development, you must set the system requirements for the target device and
the appropriate privilege groups. Then download a manifest.xml file that contains this information and use the file in the
- 4. Creating a Project
- After defining your application details and downloading your application's manifest.xml file,
you can start actual development with the bada IDE.